DIGITAL SUBSCRIPTION FAQ:
What is a digital subscription? How much does it cost?
The digital subscription is a paid subscription to our website. Access is available in 7-day, 30-day, and 365-day increments. The 7-day subscription is available for $1, the 30-day subscription is available for $2.10, and the 365-day subscription is available for $18.90. In addition, active print subscribers get FREE access as long as the print subscription remains active. To subscribe, visit our subscription page.
How does it work - how can I purchase?
First, create an account on the website (or login with an existing account). For new accounts, click the "Signup" option on the right side of the website under the main navigation. After successfully logging into the website, visit our subscription page and choose the appropriate digital subscription service and continue through the purchasing steps.
Are inserts available to digital subscribers?
No, many free standing inserts are only available to print subscribers. Pick up a copy of the print edition today!
I get home delivery of the newspaper. Do I get free access?
How do I confirm I'm a current print subscriber?
You must enter your account number that is printed on your mailing label. This account number can only be used once for a single online subscriber.
What happens if my print subscription expires after I purchase the FREE access for active subscribers?
Your digital subscription will cease to function as its dependent on an active print subscription. Renewing the print subscription will also restore the digital service.
What if I don't want to subscribe - can I still read the website for free?
Many sections of the site remain free. Also, in subscription only sections, we continue to show the headline and the first paragraph of many articles. Access to those full articles is now only available to paid subscribers.
How are digital subscriptions billed?
All digital subscriptions are purchased online via a credit card.
What if I don't have a credit card?
You can use a pre-paid Visa card or something similar. Pre-paid Visa cards are available at many retail locations.
Can I get access on my smartphone or tablet?
Any smartphone or tablet that supports full HTML should function.
Can I get a digital subscription to the Web site only?
Are there any apps that are included with my digital subscription?
Not at this time.
Why are parts of the website no longer free?
We are now including all content online instead of just a small portion of what is included in our print product. In addition, some prefer an online format so our website now accommodates all content. Since all content is now available, the subscription model was adopted online to match our print model.
Charging for unlimited access to our digital content allows us to continue to invest in quality journalism in the local communities we serve.
Can I access my digital subscription on more than one computer, smartphone or tablet?
Yes, as long as you login properly from each of those devices.
Can I share the user name and password associated with my subscription?
No. You may not share your login credentials (user name and password).
How do I change the e-mail address that's associated with my digital subscription?
You will need to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My question was not answered here. How can I get more information?
You may send your questions to email@example.com.
How do I send you my feedback on digital subscriptions and products?
You may send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• How much does it cost to subscribe to the paper? In Newton County: 6 months $17.65; 1 year $26.50. Outside Newton County: 6 months $22; 1 year $33.10. Out of state: 6 months $24.25 and 1 year $38.60. Digital subscriptions are also available. Access is available in 7-day, 30-day, and 365-day increments. The 7-day subscription is available for $1, the 30-day subscription is available for $2.10, and the 365-day subscription is available for $18.90. In addition, active print subscribers can subscribe for $2 as long as the print subscription remains active. To subscribe, visit our subscription page.
• I didn't get my paper with my mail. What can I do?
Please click the Delivery Issues or Concerns link on this page: http://www.newtoncountytimes.com/site/services/ or call our offices at 870-446-2645.
• How do I cancel my subscription?
If you would like to temporarily stop delivery for a vacation, please click Vacation stop and restart subscription link on this page: http://www.newtoncountytimes.com/site/services/. If you need to permanently cancel your subscription, please call our offices at 870-446-2645.
• What's the deadline to submit something for the paper?
Mondays by 4 p.m.
• How do I submit an engagement/wedding/birthday announcement? With a photo? How much does that cost?
Announcements are always free. Please click the appropriate link on this page: http://www.newtoncountytimes.com/site/forms/.
• Where do I send a news story or press release?
Please go under the News link on our homepage and choose the Submit Story Idea link. You may also post your story or release to the YourNews section of our Web site by first registering in the upper right side of our site and then uploading your story to YourNews (located under News).
• How do I post something to the calendar?
First, you must register with our Web site in the upper right side of our site. Then, click this link: http://www.newtoncountytimes.com/users/admin/calendar/event/.
How do I submit a letter to the editor? Please click the Letter to the Editor link on this page: http://www.newtoncountytimes.com/site/forms/.
• What is the difference between an obituary and a death notice? Obituaries are paid for and are unedited. Death notices are free and are subject to editing. How much does an obituary cost? First 3 inches free, $6 per column inch.
BUYING COPIES OF PRINT EDITIONS:
• Where can I buy a copy or extra copies of the paper?
At our office in Jasper.
• How far back can I get a print copy of the paper?
One year if available.
• How do I search the archives? How far back do they go?
Our Web site's archives go back to 2009. You may search them with the Search box in the upper-right corner of our site. If what you're looking for dates before that, please visit the Newton County Library.
• How do I find old obituaries?
Please see above.
• How much is a classified ad?
Contact our sales rep at 870-446-2645.
• What's the classified advertising deadline?
Mondays at 4 p.m.
• Who can help me with a display ad?
Call Racheal at 870-446-2645.
• What are your office hours?
8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.
• Where are you located?
We are on the southwest corner of the square in Jasper, Ark.
• What is your mailing address?
P.O. Box 453 Jasper Ark. 72641
• How do I schedule a tour of your newsroom?
Call us at 870-446-2645.