Following guidance from the CDC, and recommendations from state and local public health authorities in consultation with NPS Public Health Service Officers, there are temporary facility closures in place at Buffalo National River. These closures are listed below, and any updates will be posted to the park website and social media channels.
Visitors may continue to enjoy trails, the Buffalo River and the open space areas of the park. The health and safety of staff and visitors is our number one priority. We are working with the NPS Office of Public Health, and the US Public Health Service to closely monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. In the meantime, we continue to remind our visitors to follow the CDC’s guidance to prevent the spread of infectious diseases, including maintaining social distancing, covering your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze, and staying home if you feel sick.
Temporary Closures Include:
- Tyler Bend Visitor Center
- Buffalo Point Visitor Contact Station
- Steel Creek Visitor Contact Station
- Buffalo National River Headquarters Office in Harrison, AR
- Group campsites throughout the park
- Pavilions throughout the park
- Volunteer service groups of more than 10 people
- Educational and interpretive programming
Staff will attempt to keep parking lots, open spaces, and trails open, provided no additional public health issues arise.
Visitors are encouraged to “pack it in and pack it out” as trash pickup and park staffing will be limited.
For more information, please contact the park at 870-439-2502.