Following the recently held annual Buffalo River Bluegrass Festival and the annual Arts and Crafts Excursion, the Jasper Advertising and Promotion Commission (JAPC) is highlighting several upcoming autumn events in Jasper and Newton County.
Coming up is the Backroad Bootlegger Jeep Tour. It is set for Saturday, Sept. 23.
Come journey through the area and explore the history of Newton County's Prohibition era. Any street legal vehicle will be allowed to participate. For tickets and more information go online at www.japc.ticketleap.com/2023/excursions .
Autumn color tours are scheduled for Friday, Oct. 13, featuring a trip to Sam's Throne, and Oct. 14, featuring a visit to photographer Tim Ernst's studio. Contact JAPC for reservations.
Other Halloween events include a series of Murder Mystery Weekend tours:
• Haunted History Tour, Friday, Oct. 27 - Travel to Ponce to attend Color Fest. Enjoy the fall scenery along the way while listening to haunted local history, legends and folklore.
• Murder Mystery Tour, Saturday, Oct. 28, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. - This tour is full of mystery enroute to Color Fest in Ponca.
• Westbrook Music Series, Saturday, Oct. 28, 7-9 p.m. - This event will feature a DJ with Halloween and line dance music. Music videos will be playing on the big screen. There will be a corn hole tournament, prizes and concessions. Come dressed to compete in the Halloween costume contest in Bradley Park.
• Kiwanis Haunted House; Nightmare on 9th Street. - A spooktacular time will be had by all at 103 North 9th Street in Jasper for the Kiwanis' annual haunted house. Hauntings will start at dark. There will be an admission charge.
• Hometown Haunt will be an old-fashioned Halloween event on Tuesday, Oct. 31, downtown with trick or treating, hayrides, games, hot chocolate, crafts and much more. This event is being sponsored by the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department, JAPC and the City of Jasper.